Project Management Experience
I’ve been involved with projects from the start of my 10+ year software career.
This includes gathering specifications from users through responding to development feedback, to later on managing remote developers to develop various client projects.
Git and ticket management have been tools I’m quite familiar with for some time now. At one point I participated in scrum like development that had sprints and various stages from initial start through review and testing.
I have a development background so I understand the needs of developers and things I can do to make their job more efficient and remove roadblocks to meeting deadlines.
Also, I can evaluate features and decide how to deal with tight deadlines where everything won’t fit in the schedule the first time around.
I’m currently located in South Korea not too far from time-zones where software development is often outsourced meaning I can do close to real-time project management for those areas, or work through a Western night where tasks have been reviewed and processed by the time everyone else comes back to work.
My degree minor was business, I’ve worked in various sizes and types of organizations, and been involved with multiple startup attempts, so I am familiar with business considerations that can come with projects.
B.S. Computer Information Systems
Indiana University Kokomo
Technical Project Experience
Nov 2014 – Present
Current Location South Korea
Managed Software Development Solutions
- As a freelance software development shop, I have worked with overseas contractors for years now to ensure that clients needs are met and to resolve Dev Ops issues.
I usually set up the servers and the git repositories, enforcing development standards for project integrity.
(a Software Engineer)
211 LA COUNTY
Dates Employed Sep 2015 – Oct 2017
Location San Gabriel
- Internal reporting support
- ElasticSearch configuration and indexing
- Elastic stack setup (Beats / Kibana)
- API development
Here I was involved with a scrum like development system with sprints, scrum stages, task tickets, code reviews, testing environments, and Jenkins deployments.
Jan 2014 – Oct 2014
Location Greater Los Angeles Area
- Web Application development
- OO designs
- Linux server
- Git repository
Independent Consultant / Owner
Namel Group / Namel Software
Jun 2011 – Jan 2014
Web software services
- Web application development
- Installations and configuration
- Web site customizations
The Prosper Group (Contractor)
Mar 2012 – Jul 2012
Web development implementing graphical designs,
- bug fixes, and
- feature development/implementation
One Click Internet Ventures
Apr 2011 – Jun 2011
E-Commerce Platform / Internal Support
- Online store customization and development
- Report application interface and back-end development
Mediasauce (Moongate Technologies subcontractor)
Aug 2010 – Sep 2010
- Main developer on a custom content management backend component
Ivy Tech Community College
Jun 2005 – Apr 2009
- Web content management, with some development and internal web support
Network Administrator/Assistant – Computer and Technology Services
Jan 2005 – Jun 2005
- Department Content Management Project
- Policy Enforcement